We are looking for talented intern to join our Data Science team to participate to the creation of world class healthcare products. The Data Science intern will work with experts like data scientist, engineers, medical doctor(s) and with medical partners.
– Data Science intern works on projects related to a particular function depending on their prior course work and degree program.
– Works on projects scoped to last between 2 and 6 months in duration, but can last for as long as 2 years.
– Analyze medical imaging and non-imaging data with various analysis tools;
– Interacts with product management, team leads, team members and customers to understand and refine feature requirements.
– Learn how to turn the needs into requirements for medical products or for just parts of products
– Learn and research a given clinical domain (Example oncology, radiology, e.g.) and understand the various clinical guidelines and regulations useful for the project development. Learn to adapt medical protocols, guidelines and elaborate consent papers during collaboration with clinical partners.
– May be asked to write software code or to perform data analysis, or just prepare, tag and label data for analysis.
– Be familiar with and use routinely the medical and data analysis tools used by the team.
– Collaborate with international colleagues in engineering or data science on a variety of projects
– Be an active part of an agile, highly collaborative and passionate team working on new medical algorithm development.
– Current enrollment in a university or college, studying medicine, engineering or physics
– Collaborative with great communication skills. Easily communicates in English and communication in Hungarian is also preferred.
– Problem solving skills, ability to dive deep and decompose problems to find the root cause
– Passionate to enhance technical, medical and team working skills.
– Be familiar with at least one of common computer operating systems (Windows, Linux or MacOS).
– Be familiar with software programming, have basic experience with at least one programming language. Python or Java is preferred.
– Be familiar with MS Office or other compatible applications.
– Be able to create documents, analyze data and create reports with Excel, create presentations.
– Available for working 20 hours during a working week.
– Ability to exercise independent judgment consistent with department guidelines.
– Previous experience using independent thought processes to plan ahead, process information, maintain workflow and anticipate future needs of the team.
– Strong organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills with high attention to details.
– Strong verbal, presentation and written communication skills.
– Self-Starter, proactive, able to work independently with minimal direction.
– Ability to quickly identify and prioritize issues, create solutions and meet deadlines.
– Team player with strong interpersonal skills, capable of working within a globally diverse team across different time zones.
– Self motivated, high energy and strong time management
– Be familiar with machine learning terms and technologies.
– Passionate customer focus
– Thoughtful, fast, disciplined execution
– Tenacious commitment to continuous improvement
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.com
**Locations:** Hungary; Budapest, Szeged