GE Healthcare Digital Global DevOps team is looking for a Sr DevOps Engineer to be part of our exciting journey to develop cutting edge cloud-based Healthcare applications used by customers worldwide. The team is looking to add someone who is experienced in systems and services-based architectures, has strong communication skills, strong AWS skills, is team oriented, and is self-motivated to achieve results in a fast-paced environment.
As a member of our awesome and growing team, you would contribute toward defining, implementing and supporting, deployment, delivery, and monitoring capabilities for expanding Cloud operations.
Key responsibilities are:
• Deploying, automating, maintaining and managing AWS cloud-based production system, to ensure the availability, performance, scalability and security of productions systems.
• AWS account and environments provisioning and management
• Build, release and configuration management of production systems.
• Supports system troubleshooting and problem solving across platform and application domains.
• Begins suggesting architecture improvements, recommending process improvements.
• Participates in evaluation of new technology options and vendor products.
• Ensuring critical system security through the use of best in class cloud security solutions.
• B.Sc. in Computer Science or other equivalent technical discipline or equivalent knowledge/experience
• AWS: proven experience with using a range of AWS technologies (e.g. EC2, RDS, ELB, EBD, S3, IAM, CloudWatch, CloudTrails, KMS) to develop and maintain an Amazon AWS based cloud solution, with an emphasis on best practice cloud security.
• DevOps: Strong experience as a DevOps Engineer in a 24×7 uptime Amazon AWS environment, including automation experience with configuration management tools (e.g. CloudFormation).
• Scripting Skills: Proven scripting (e.g. Python) and automation skills.
• Operating Systems: Windows and Linux system administration.
• Monitoring Tools: Experience with system monitoring tools (e.g. Nagios, Graphana).
• Problem Solving: Ability to analyze and resolve complex infrastructure resource and application deployment issues.
• Good understanding of build and release process – CI/CD pipeline and associated tools
• OO Programming Skills: Strong OO Programming skills (Java or C++).
• DB Skills: Basic DB administration experience (Oracle, SQL Server).
• Agile Methodologies: Experience with Agile software development, project management methodologies.
• Version Control: Experience administrating version control systems such as GitHub.
• AWS Certification in any of the following: Solution Architect, Developer, System Ops
• Professional commitment to high quality, and a passion for learning new skills.
• Detail-oriented individual with the ability to rapidly learn new concepts and technologies.
• Strong problem-solving skills, including providing simple solutions to complex situations.
• Must be a strong team player with the ability to communicate and collaborate effectively in a geographically disperse working environment.
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.com
**Locations:** Hungary; Budapest